Friday, February 26, 2010

Adventures in Cheese-buying

Cheese selection @ Market Cheese Store (Brooklyn, NY)

I got Halloumi, which is great to grill. Normally, I think of this cheese as a summer cheese, but I craved its saltiness.

We had it for breakfast on top of grips with a fried runny egg. We put slices of the cheese under the broiler and waited for it to get lightly crispy. The flavour of the cheese, egg and grits was amazing. Perfect to start a snow day with a long walk in Prospect Park and some vegan hot cocoa.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Grits are a favorite around here as well. I grew up in the South and my husband, who grew-up on the West Coast, had never had grits. Now, he, too, is a fan. I have added you to my blogroll on both of my blogs - love your blog.

    Hope you will add me to your blogroll as well.

    Marcella

    ReplyDelete